Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcut - Wire Multiple Objects Together

Thanks for reporting this issue, kaltenbach. I will make sure it gets fixed before the LabVIEW 2014 beta.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(1,677 Views)

Darren,

In terms of feedback, what kinds of issues are you interested in? Any odd corner cases or wouldn't-it-be-nice-if-this-wired situations?

One of my most-desired wiring operations is to wire things directly across from unbundle/bundle nodes, as a previous poster mentioned. I would also love, love, love it if it could cross structures and create its own tunnels, but I'm not too optimistic about that even being possible.

Ryan R.

____
Ryan R.
R&D
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(1,677 Views)

In 2014, the feature does support wiring unbundle/bundle nodes together. I don't think I implemented this in the 2012/2013 prototype, though.

It also creates tunnels across structure boundaries if the selected nodes to wire are across those boundaries. That functionality should be in the 2012/2013 prototype.

And yes, I am interested in corner cases that break the feature, and wouldn't-it-be-nice feedback as well.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(1,677 Views)

I added bundle and build array wiring support based of you 2012/2013 version Darren, but also I wanted the Ctrl-W also to support the feature of adding labels to Wires, that someone else wrote a quick drop for. So I merged these to together.

So Ctrl-W does 2 different things based on what is selected.

Wire things together or adds a label to a wire.

Message 24 of 31
(1,677 Views)

That sounds like a cool addition combining functions.  Do you have a place where you can post that plugin?

Message 25 of 31
(1,677 Views)

Hi All,

This sounds like a super useful plugin, but unfortunately I cannot get it to work. I installed it, but when I do Ctrl-Space and Crtl-W, nothing happens. I am trying to wire a set of memory read operations on the left side to tunnels out of a case structure. I've attached a screenshot here. I would like to wire the "Data" port of the memory read to the tunnel (for all). Thanks!Wiring_Needed.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(1,675 Views)

The plugin does not currently support auto-wiring to tunnels in this fashion, although I see how this could be useful. I'll put it on my list of functionality to try to add in a future version. Thanks for taking the time to post feedback!

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(1,675 Views)

Thanks for the response, Darren. It would certainly be very useful!

If there is another way for me to accomplish this in the mean time, any suggestions would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(1,675 Views)

If there is another way for me to accomplish this in the mean time, any suggestions would be helpful.                   

Yeah, code it.  This plugin has no password protected code and is open for modification.  I don't want to speak for Darren but feel free to modify it to your liking.  If you think you have made some good improvements, share it back to the community so others can benefit from your work.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31
(1,675 Views)

I know this is an old thread but anyway.

I cant get it to work on clusters and arrays on LabVIEW 2023Q3

Its working fine on eg. add function etc.

(Its working fine on arrays/clusters in LV16)

is it me or ??

PMN1966_0-1700554549976.png

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(639 Views)