From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal: Remove and Rewire should also remove free labels

I often drag a box around a section of code including multiple nodes, constants, tunnels, etc...and press Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-R, intending to remove all of the selected code, and preserve as many pass-through wires as possible from the selection.

A lot of times that selection includes free labels, and that's because I consider the free labels part of the code I'm removing. But Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-R currently doesn't remove free labels that are in the selection...I have to go back and select them (again) and press Delete.

I think Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-R should remove *everything* in the selection, including free labels, before attempting to rewire. What do y'all think?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,344 Views)

100% agree!

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,311 Views)

Great, in favour.

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,294 Views)

Thanks for the quick feedback, y'all. I've filed CAR 658911 to implement this change in a future LabVIEW release.

Message 5 of 5
(3,286 Views)