From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Power Electronics Development Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power tree simulation tool

Hi all

I am currently trying to program a tool that would permit to easily and fastly calculate the power tree of my designs. As an example there is a tool which already exist in LTpowerCAD which is called LTPowerPlanner (I attached an example of what I am trying to make in Lab View). However this tool doesn't have all the functionalities I want to, so I figured that I need to develop my own via Lab View.

Unfortunately I am new to Lab View and I think that I need some add ons to realize this project. So here is my question.

What do I need in Lab View to simulate Loads and DC/DC converters

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,127 Views)

Hey,

Please explain what you mean by "simulate" and the kind of fidelity you expect from the simulation. If you can explain a little further on what LTPowerPlanner does for you, your chances of getting an answer here would go up.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,098 Views)

Hi Thank you for your answer

Basically in LTPowerPlanner I can design all my power tree.

I know the average consumption of all the branch of my tree (for example the 1.15V will consume 0.4 A, the 3.3 V will consume 0.5 A...), then I know the efficiencies of my different DC/DC converters.

As a result LTPowerPlanner give me the total consumption on my power supply, the power consumption on all my branches and the total power dissipated.

I would like to reproduce this on Lab View but I would like to take in account the tolerancies given by the constructors

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,091 Views)