Power Electronics Development Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase Shifted Carrier Signals For FCM applications

Hello g0tee

I am quite new to LabVIEW and LabVIEW FPGA.

I want to use NI Compact RIO – 9114 (40 MHz clock rate) to control an Modular Multilevel Converter (MMC).

For preliminary experiments, I want to create two triangular waveforms (with frequency of 1 kHz) with 180 degrees phase shift, to implement SPWM.

I am using the modified version of “[FPGA] FXPT TriangleGen (use inside SCTL).vi” (My VIs have been attached).

Here are my questions:

1- Is there any way to see the exact produced waveforms on PC or Real Time target?

I have tried simulated I/O mode, and tried to use waveform chart.

I have also tried to simulate the VI in My Computer (PC host?) and used waveform graph.

However, I have problem with timing. I can’t understand how to relate real time, the time that FPGA needs to run the program and give the waveform samples, and simulated time on PC, in the above environments.

Could you please suggest me a way to test my waveforms before compiling the code on the FPGA board?

2- How can I adjust the x-axis of waveform chart and waveform graph to be compatible with real time? I need to do this to see whether the frequency and phase shift between the waveforms are implemented correctly or not.

3- As “discrete delay function” can produce limited delay, is there any alternative way to produce phase shift between the waveforms (instead of connecting more discrete delay function in series)?

4- Are there any suggested references or tutorials for learning basics of LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW Real-Time for power electronic applications?

Thank you in advance. Answer to any of the above questions can help me a lot and is really appreciated.

Regards,

Sina

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(715 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(713 Views)