From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unit accelerometer

Hi.
I have a problem with units in measuring the acceleration. I builted application with LabView 7.1 and I could normaly measure acceleration in meter/ square seconds. Than I changed the computer and install all software that need: LabView, Sound and vibration tookit and all device drivers. It is the same version of software that on the first computer installed from same CD.

Problem is that I can't chose units meter/square seconds when I create a virtual channel in DAQmx. I choose Analog Input Aceleration measuring but only possibility that it offers me for units choose is g or From costume scale. I know that I coud cinver g units to m/s^2 but it's easier thet way.
Application is the same as before I changed the computer I install software.

Tkank you

Best regards Urban
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,866 Views)

Urban,

I’m not aware that DAQmx had m/s^2 as a built in option. I suspect that on your previous system you may have had a custom scale defined for this. Any way, that is the route I would suggest.  You can create custom scale right in MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer) make the adjustment for m/s^2, and then use that scale. That way it is completely transparent to your LabVIEW program. Any way, that is what I would recommend and I would also recommend putting in a product suggestion for adding in m/s^2 as a built in option. You can do that at the following website. Hope that helps out!!

-GDE

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,844 Views)
Hi!
I used the solution as you suggested and it works. I created a costume scale for m/s^2 with LabView New Scale (DAQ Assistant).

Thank you for your help.

Urban
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,827 Views)