PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SATA Executing HBA reset due to fail of [25] operation on drive 0" How can I deal with this problem?

I have a PXI 8109 with TOSHIBA hard disk,it run a RT system.

Now I have a problem it printf "SATA Executing HBA reset due to fail of [25] operation on drive 0" on the screen over and over,and I can't communicate the PXI with NI-MAX.

QQ图片20160807134658.png

Then I exchanged another TOSHIBA hard disk,I can communicate the PXI with NI-MAX, but the code on the PXI runs well and can store my TDMS data on this new TOSHIBA hard disk,but but the screen still print "SATA Executing HBA reset due to fail of [25] operation on drive 0"at least 10 times.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,455 Views)

Hi,

i am facing same issue for same controller and harddrive,

NI support directed me to fujitsu harddrive diagnostic utility.

i made bootable USB drive but could not locate USB in boot options.

if u find the solution please keep me informed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,275 Views)

Dear KARTEK

Did you solve the problem?

I faced this problem again. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,421 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,063 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,062 Views)

We had the same error messages popping up all of a sudden on a PXIe-8840 RT Controller running PharLap. Also using a Toshiba HDD. The Format Tool from a bootable USB stick also threw errors. So in the end, our solution was to just exchange the HDD for a spare on we had lying around. Now the system is up and running again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,540 Views)

This error is not about the Hard disk! It is because of the Flat cable! As there is always a constant slight vibration on the device after years the undesirable tension will lead to flat cable's failure. I just removed the flat and found the faulty track and repaired it by welding a wire and reconnect the data path from Hard disk to the board.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,359 Views)