PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with PXI after motherboard replacement

Hello,

My PXI system consists of PXI-1045, PXI-8360 and five NI PXI intruments (5152, 4065, 6552, 2532, 5404). I was working with this system without problems for a long time. However, the motherboard of my PC had a specific problem with the ethernet connenction and I decided to replace the motherboard with a new one (same model). After the replacement (the pc finally was fully functional), I tried to power on the PXI chassis, but  I couldn't "see" any module in PXI chassism, using the MAX. I must tell thatI didn't change the hard disk of the pc, or anything else just the motherboard.After some experiments, I finally fix the probrem with the following solution: First I unplugged all the modules from PXI chassis. After that, I plugged one module and I reboot the pc. After that I plugged the second one module and I reboot the pc. And so on...

This was the only solution that I found in order to indentify all the modules of the PXI chassis.

My question is why happend this thing? Where are the PXI modules' adresses stored? Also, is the procedure I used correct, or I had to do something else in order to make the system work?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,926 Views)

Hello,

Im glad that your system is up and running, ideally that behavior should not have occured. For future troubleshooting, also check Windows Device Manager to see if your devices show up if MAX does not detect them (Windows may have initially failed to detect the hardware). In a PXI system, the pxisys.ini file provides mappings from PCI logical addresses (PCI bus, device, and function numbers) to corresponding PXI slot numbers, allowing device driver software to identify the slot of a PXI module. There is a unique pxisys.ini file for every combination of PXI chassis and controller. See the link provided below for additional information regarding how to configure PXI systems in MAX.

1. Configuring Your PXI System in MAX 3.x and Above: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/11136

Best regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,902 Views)