PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output current and voltage limit

I am currently using a PXI 4130 to output 1mA with 2V backing. I am measuring the voltage and current with a DMM and I am getting good values. I need to be able to prove that the voltage and current will not largely exceed 1mA or 2V so that it will not damage any components. Looking at the code I used it says that voltage level range is 6 and current limit range is 20 and I am not sure what that means exactly. What precautions/values can I change to make sure these values never get exceeded

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,730 Views)

Hello lvuser,

In you code you are also measuring the voltage and current back into your program. You can make programmatic decisions based on these measurements, for example, stopping the program based off of a voltage that floats too high. Our devices make sure to try to maintain the voltages and currents you tell them by completing a closed loop system with measurements taken on the same inputs that are sourcing. Try taking the readings you get in your program and using some threshold to trigger a case statement that holds a function to close the resource and turn off the generation.

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,703 Views)