PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nisyncbeta; problems booting into RT

I upgraded from LabVIEW RT 8.6 to 8.6.1 on my PXI System and now if fails to boot.  After it attempts to start the LabVIEW RT Boot Loader I get the errors;

error reading c:\ph_exec_smp.exe

error booting c:\ph_exec_smp.exe

The System does seem to boot into Safe Mode.  Any ideas as to what is going on?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,933 Views)
What PXI system do you have? What troubleshooting steps have you taken?
Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,918 Views)
I have a NI PXI-8106 (dual-boot) Controller in a NI PXI-1042 Chassis.  The Controller has a Dual processor with 2 GB RAM, a 32 GB hard drive, a 250 GB SATA hard drive, and it is running BIOS version 1.2.2.  I am new to LabVIEW RT, so other than making sure the PXI System boots into safe mode.  I have not done any other troubleshooting.  I have searched NI for anything on ph_exec_smp.exe and have found nothing.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,906 Views)

After upgrading and encountering these problems, have you tried removing and reinstalling LabVIEW Real-Time on the PXI controller?

Please refer to this article for details on adding/removing software:

http://www.ni.com/support/install/install_hardware_5.htm

This is generally the first standard troubleshooting step to make sure the software did not get corrupted during transfer.

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,892 Views)

I upgraded from LabVIEW RT 8.6 to 8.6.1 on my PXI System and now if fails to boot.  After it attempts to start the LabVIEW RT Boot Loader I get the errors;

error reading c:\ph_exec_smp.exe

error booting c:\ph_exec_smp.exe

The System does seem to boot into Safe Mode. 

Kudos!

I also had that problem when trying to update (a brand new 8106rt controller, which came with 8.6) to LV rt 9.0.

Uninstalling everything using Max, then re-installing did fix the problem.  I did the un-install/re-install while in safe mode (by flipping dip switch 2 on the controller), as shown in the manual.

I used alt-Printscreen and Paint to save a list of what components were used previously (there are several different ethernet drivers on the list for example).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,451 Views)