cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nihsdio.dll not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently installed LabVIEW 2013, up from 2011, and now a Get Session Reference VI cannot get the session reference. The session reference is still there but the connecting wire is broken.

I have followed several tips offered on this forum, such as http://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/NIHSDIO-get-session-reference/m-p/2063426#M10997

The niHSDIO.dll library is not present in the LabVIEW 2013/instr.lib/niHSDIO folder. However it is also not present in the 2011 version folder and yet the VI operates correctly in LabVIEW 2011.

When I open LabVIEW 2013 I get the following message in the attachment;

Any tips or a link to download the niHSDIO.dll library please?

I am using a PXI-6541 card in a PXIe-1073 rack.

Regards,

Chris.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,397 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChuckNorris1989

What version of NI-HSDIO do you have installed? I would recommend installing the latest version (at the time of this writing, NI-HSDIO 14.0).

My first guess would be that you have too old a version installed that does not have LabVIEW 2013 support.

niHSDIO.dll is not located in the LabVIEW folder; it's located under the IVI Foundation folder.

On my 64-bit system, the 32-bit version is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\IVI Foundation\IVI\Bin and the 64-bit version is located at C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\IVI\Bin.

The readme goes into more detail about the dll location.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(5,387 Views)

Hi all,

I had the same error that is shown in this post. 

And after the download of the latest version and a install of this drivers the problem for me was solved.

I used the following link to download the driver : http://sine.ni.com/psp/app/doc/p/id/psp-255/lang/nl

Kind regards

Message 3 of 3
(2,374 Views)