From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mounting /dev/hda1 on home/ftp/c failed on NI-8196 PXI controller.

Hi folks,

I am having some problems in recognising a PXI controller ( NI-8196 )  and a field point unit on my host MAX. I know both of them are on the same subnet. I have Labview RT running on the PXI controller. I don't know which version though.

The problem is while setting up the IP configuration for the PXI controller in the MAX. It doesnt take the IP from either the DHCP server or when I use static IP's. I have already checked the Switch settings on the controller. All of them are OFF. The BIOS option for the IP reset has been disabled too, still the controller boots up with 0.0.0.0 
While booting up it gives me the error:  "  mounting /dev/hda1 on home/ftp/c failed:  Invalid Arguement. Booting in safe mode. "

With the field point unit, the MAX doesnt recognise it on the network. it doesn't show up under the REMOTE SYSTEMS panel.

My MAX version is 4.0, Labview version on the host is 8.0

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sandeep
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,209 Views)

For the PXI chassis, I would start by trying a reformat. RT Disk Utilities in MAX>> Create format and boot disks.

For the fieldpoint Try using this document. http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/49e7983a1c47a3af86256a3a005b4a3e?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,172 Views)