PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Function Generator To Trigger Switch Open/Close Visual Basic Example?

The PXI architecture is all very new to me, so I hope you'll bear with me on a few basic questions.

I've got a PXI-5402 FGen and several PXI-2521 switch blocks in a PXI-1033 chassis. I'm using Visual Studio 2008 (w/Measurement Studio), and have the generator set up to generate single-shot pulses of various widths using a frequency list. What I'd like to do is use the output of the generator to feed a relay in one of the switches, so it will close for the specific duration of the generator's single shot (I understand the PXI-2531's worst-case open/close times are 3.3mS each, so I am not expecting millisecond precision). 

I know the PXI chassis have an internal bus to handle this, with up to 8 different channels. But it's not clear to me how I access those in Visual Basic, and I seem to be having trouble finding any examples. Can anyone point me to an example in VS that shows how this is done? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,658 Views)

Hello jvavra,

Please take a look to this function.  http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370627F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/85b4527/

You can map triggers with it on your PXI.

Regards,

Daniel M

Regards,
Daniel M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,638 Views)