PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-5423 with NI-TClk

Does anyone have any experience with NI-TClk with a dual channel PXIe-5423.  I have two dual channel cards that I need to synchronize.  The synchronization on one dual channel module should be automatic, but I need to synchronize with the other module too.  Previously I was using NI-TClk with 3 PXIe-5422 arbs.  Eventually I would like to have four channels, which is part of the reason I upgraded.  My existing code for NI-TClk doesn't work, so I'm hoping someone has done this before with these new modules.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,988 Views)

I haven't seen examples for something like this specifically, can you elaborate on what you have tried and any parts in which you are having difficulties.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,966 Views)

Here is the example from NI "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\examples\instr\niFgen\Fgen Arb Synchronize (TClk).vi", it works with two PXI-5422 modules but doesn't work with two PXIe-5423 modules.  I put in a help ticket with NI and they asked for a MAX report and the exact error, which was -250032, niTClk Configure for Homogenous Triggers.vi:2010001

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,960 Views)

NI Support: “Currently we don't have TCLK support for our newer arbs (5413, 5423, and 5433), but we are working on adding this”

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,941 Views)

In case anyone runs into this question again in the future, all PXIe-54x3 devices have NI-TClk compatibility as of NI-FGEN 18.1.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,113 Views)

Thanks for letting us know.  I'm glad it's supported because I'm resuming my project and I hope this works.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,058 Views)