PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-1085 Chassis - need help with module selection and connection

I am using a PXIe-1085 chassis.  I need to find a module to use that will provide a +5VDC and -5VRTN to eight external devices.  Each of these devices has an input current of 25mA.  Which module would be the best to use?  Also, what pins on the module would I connect to? 

The external devices have the following pinout:

Pin A: +5VDC

Pin B: -5VRTN

I really appreciate any help you can provide me with.  This is my first time using the NI PXIe equipment, so I'm very new to this.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,825 Views)

Are you looking to power up your eight external devices which requires +5V and -5V rails from PXI chassis?

You have a wide range of PXI power supply or SMU modules from NI that can provide +5V and -5V.

1. Do you need individual control of the device power supplies?

2. Is there a requirement for a precise power supply, i.e., should it have a kelvin connection?

3. Please let us know what exactly is the device

4. Do you want to communicate with your external device from a PXI instrument?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,802 Views)

Hi Ghostie,

For product recommendations, your best route is to contact our sales team at (888) 280-7645. They will be able to help identify the right options for your specific application.

Kevin S.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,793 Views)