PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 8186 not working afer battery replacement

After few years of good behavior, Starting my PXI 8186, error message appear in first screen after RAM check.

It was exactly message describe in this post  (Receiving Error 0271 and 0251 from PXI Controller on Boot-Up).

--> I replace BR2032 battery on my controller and restart it.

I updated date and time in BIOS, reboot again, and after this... noting.

After first BIOS screen (RAM check) only appear 4 caracters on fist line.

Im not sure with policy, it is "PCOO" in fact OO are like emoji.

There is noting else, My application with startup VI don't start. I have a computer connected on this controller, but I can't connect on it anymore with network (I didn't check with default IP 0.0.0.0).

Before testing a restoring factory parameters, I would like to understand what append on my controller. I have 3 tests bench like this, It's the second time that append (first time, we decided to change controller with new one 8820). Replace battery is easy, but I think there is lake in user manual, maybe I have to reconfigure something else in BIOS.

Beginning with battery replacement (3€) and finishing with controller replacement (4000€) is not very funny...

Is anybody already met this problem ? Is there anything to do before restoring factory parameters ?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,983 Views)

Wow, nothing but crickets for replies. 

The PXI 8186 is touchy with its CMOS battery. Yes, they Die, yes they can be easily replaced. 

However, we have seen in some aging systems [that are still up & doing their jobs] that sometimes they fail altogether, even with fresh batteries, so there is a weakness in those devices concerning the CMOS Battery handling - If you can bypass the F1 startup (disable in Bios?), then you can programatically set the RT Time&Date from RT/LabVIEW from an external source (Time Server, device, etc) 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,631 Views)