PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI - 8135 doesn' t turn on

Hello Good morning all, 

I am trying to set up a system for massive MIMO. I have got PXI-1085 chassis and a couple of other equipment for it. My problem is when I installed the PXI - 8135 controller into the chassis and powered on the chassis, it just doesn't give me anything. Everything is connected as mentioned on the manual but it's still not working. Do any of you guys have any idea about it because I am new to this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,243 Views)

Hey,

I'm not sure what is going on here but have a few questions to narrow in on what may be the issue:

- When you turn on the controller, does the green LED light up?

- Do you have any other controllers or chassis to connect (to narrow the issue to the chassis or controller)?

- Are you using the PXI-1085 and PXI - 8135 or the PXIe-1085 and PXIe - 8135?

Noah B.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,208 Views)

Hi, Noah 

Sorry for not mentioning the correct name, I am using PXIe-1085 and PXIe-8135 controller.

- When I turn on the chassis,all the LED's light up as green on it. But I don't see any LED light up on the controller. 

- Unfortunately, I don't have another chassis or controller to check with them.

- All the voltages on remote inhibit and voltage monitoring connector are as mentioned in the manual (table 2-4).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,198 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,197 Views)

Hey, No worries on the name. Just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same system.

Do you have a monitor connected to the controller? If so does it seem to be stuck on some stage in the booting process?

Noah B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,184 Views)

Yes, I used different monitors for output, but it doesn't show anything on it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,179 Views)

This sounds like an RMA (return/repair) situation. You can open up a ticket HERE or contact your NI account manager.

Noah B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,174 Views)

Thanks for your help. The issue is resolved. Turns out the controller was faulty so we changed it. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,159 Views)