PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe 8361 not detected by Windows device manager

My PCIe 8361 card is invisible to my computer: NI Max does not detect it, but neither Windows 10. Usually, on Device Manager, an interrogation mark appears whenever you install an unidentified hardware; but this is not the case. The card is just not detected.

I am positive the card is properly installed to the motherboard since both LEDs in the PXI chassis turn on when the cable is connected to the card. I am using a PCIe generation 1 slot (my motherboard has two such slots; I tested both).

I have already installed LabView and I have already tried the MXI BIOS software. It should be mentioned that the PCIe slot is enabled according to the BIOS information.

My obvious guess is: the card is malfunctioning or simply not working. But maybe there are additional things I could try before returning the card to the vendor. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,055 Views)

Hi gtemparao,

What's the part number of the PCIe-8361 card? There's a version of it that doesn't show up in MAX or device manager. If it has DIP switches on then it should show up, if not then it shouldn't.

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(994 Views)