From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PXI - System Specs

All,

I am new to NI PXI. I am trying to build a system but it doesn't appear as though there is a lot of customer support or an application engineer to call with questions. Do you guys have any recommendations on where to start in getting more information? So far I have viewed all data sheets for modules that i feel may aid in the building of this system. 

Thanks in advance!

Here is a snipet of some of the requirements that I am under:

(U) There are a total of 26 analog signals that need to be collected.

• 2 output AC signal, minimum BW of 25 MHz
  • 24 output DC signals, minimum BW of 300 KHz

(U) All analog signals will be in the ±10VDC range when presented to the DCS.

(U) The analog signals require at least 12 bit ADC, but the goal is for 16 bit ADCs to be used.

(U) Discrete (Digital) Signals

(U) There are a total of 96 discrete signals that need to be collected.

• 96 signals, 0-5V, minimum BW of 3 MHz

(U) Event (Digital) Signals

(U) There are a total of 32 event signals, all of which will be sampled as Edge signals.

32 signals, 0-5V, minimum BW of 25 MHz (use 64-bit 25 MHz clock for timestamp)

(U) Parallel Words

(U) There are 4 separate 8 bit parallel words.  The collection of the 8 bit words will be triggered by data valid strobes.  The 8 bits and the data strobes are TTL.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,736 Views)

mjordan,

Typically for new system design the best people to contact are members of our sales team. They're all engineers and will be able to talk through your needs for the system and how/if we can best meet them. If there is anything outside their domain of expertise they will consult with an Applications Engineer who is more familiar with a given product.

I recommend calling them at (877) 387-0015 to discuss your system. Since you have your requirements well layed out here the sales engineer may be open to navigating to this forum so that you don't need to relay all of this info again.

Thanks,

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,712 Views)