From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI RFSG 1.8

Hello,

I want to calibrate a PXI-5651 using LabView utility (NI RSFG 1.8), but I have a big concern about the standards required at user manul. I don't have R&S and/or anritsu units as well, I have other equipment as replacement that have similar specs as required.

NI RFSG is able to support other models to complete the calibration routine?, is there someway to add other models or edit VIs to accept other models within this utility?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,727 Views)

Hi Omar,

The VIs for calibrating the 5650/1/2 only read/write with the RF device, the rest of the information is user supplied. So if you want to use a different spectrum analyzer, power meter, etc. you can. The important thing is to make sure that what you are using is at least as accurate as the recommended devices, and can cover all of the same input ranges, otherwise you may end up calibrating the 5651 such that it is farther from the specs instead of more accurate.

Assuming the devices you have are up to the specified requirements though, you should be fine to use them and follow the adjustment procedure.

Regards,

Peter W.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,716 Views)

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for your faster response. After I got this answer then I would like to know if afer completing the calibration and/or adjustment procedure the cal due date could be also changed?.

This VI application can udpate this?, or for that I need to run another application?.

Br,

Omar Rodriguez.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,706 Views)

Hi Omar,

Running the VIs that open and complete a calibration session should update the last calibrated date for you. Are you not seeing this be the case?

Regards,

Peter W.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,687 Views)