PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max is not able to identify the cards

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PXI 1042 chasis with 8360 pxi card connected to a laptop running Vista.

5404, 6552, 2576, 6221, 4110 and 4130 are the cards installed in slots 2 to 7 respectively.

Under Devices and Interfaces > I can see the PXI-1042 "Chasis 1", but none of the cards have been identified.

Do I have to identify the cards manually? Or did I do something wrong while installing the software?

I am running Max 5.0.0, Labview 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,645 Views)

Things tried so far : 

Uninstalled everything and Installed everything back on the laptop.

Updated DAQMx - from ni.com to the latest version

Nothing helped.

Under System>Device Manager - I can see all the cards listed twice and with Device Status - "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (code 12)"...

In MAX under Devices and Interfaces I can see PXI-1042 "Chasis 1" but model names are unknow/empty for all populated/unpopulated slots.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,633 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vikasg

vikasg,

If you're seeing cards twice in device manager then there's something pretty wrong with the configuration.  I'd try the MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility software for something like this.  Make sure your NI ExpressCard-8360 is on the supported list, install the software, then run the utility it installs to change the mode of the ExpressCard (you only have to do it once).

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2071/lang/en

Until the cards show up properly in device manager they won't show up in MAX.

- Robert

Message 3 of 4
(3,623 Views)

That helped, thank you Robert!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,619 Views)