PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MXI not visible in MAX

I have installed the MXI Express x1 kit in my PXI 1050. The computer doesn't boot. I disconnect the cable from the PXI rack and the PC boots. Looking through the forum I find a common thread about the MXI killing the PC boot. But I am not finding the BOOT-FIX, or the BOOT-Work-Around mentioned in the posts. The biggest curiosity is why the PCI card doesn't show up in the NI-Max inventory. Some of the dialog talks about "bus-mastering" another curiosity. Is this bus-mastering "Slot Specific" on the PC mother board? I remember back in the "old" PC days some options were not available except in the "first" slot. I inventoried the mother board and am posting the stats. I submitted a direct question to the engineering staff at NI. And with no answer in the first 24 hours, I am scouring the forum for any hint of a solution. We have burned up - fried - beat to death. 5 controllers in the last year. the bone yard is empty. How do I make this work?  and thank you for your help...

Asus UEFI Bios Version 9901 x64 build date  02/28/2012

EC version  MBECD-0006a

ME version  8.0.0.1351

South Bridge Stepping  B3

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3GHz

Speed 3300 MHz

Memory 4096 (DDR3)

Mem Freq 13333 MHz

EM64T  supported

Processor Stepping 206a7

Microcode Rev  25

Processor Cores 4

Windows 7 Professional  32Bit  SP1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,278 Views)

Hello Rich_G, 

I noted that you were already working with Applications Engineer Travis E. on this issue. I will let him handle this issue and post the resolution of this issue on this forum for anyone who runs across this forum post with the same issue. 

Regards,

Izzy O.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,261 Views)

I have the MXI visible in NIMAX. After reinstalling all the new drivers I have everything visible that is installed in the PXI rack. the driver software NIDAQ970f0 would not install on WIN7(32). So I installed NIDAQ961f1 and this works just fine. I now have advanced to the next level and have encountered another challenge. The software we run on the tester was developed under CVI-7. I used our license server and installed CVI-2010. The driver disk I used was AUG-2012. I have solved most errors but am stuck on this one. The software can not find dataacq.h. this file is in the CVI-7 include directory. The web says this is installed with NIDAQ software. ((No it isn't)) at least not CVI-2010. I have installed this on another computer, just to double check. It does not get installed with CVI-2010, Driver disk AUG-2012, or NIDAQ961f1. So can someone please help ?

/*============================================================================*/
/*                        L a b W i n d o w s / C V I                         */
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/*    Copyright (c) National Instruments 1987-1998.  All Rights Reserved.     */
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/*                                                                            */
/* Title:       dataacq.h                                                     */
/* Purpose:     Include file for NI-DAQ library support.                      */
/*                                                                            */
/*============================================================================*/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,091 Views)

Hello Rich_G,

You are correct in saying the dataacq.h file is found in the NI DAQ driver, unfortunately that is our Traditional DAQ driver so you will need to download it to get that header file back. This may cause issues if you are running on a Windows 7 machine since the Windows 7 OS does not support Traditional DAQ. We do have a Traditional DAQ 7.5 beta that may work but I cannot guarantee that.

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(6,063 Views)

I am not finding the "Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) for PC Compatibles, version 7.5 BETA" in the download area.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(6,044 Views)

Never Mind.    The 7.5 beta appeared as an option when I clicked to download the 7.4.4 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,043 Views)

I am having trouble with my devices working in my executable code.  The code was provided by our test development department back in 2004. The errors are popup windows telling me the card didn't initialize. These cards are being called using DAQmx. I have nothing in my NI-MAX showing up as DAQmx. What is happening ?

// Initialisieren der SCXI-1104  iResult = DAQmxScxi1104_Voltage(&Scxi1104TaskHandle_global);                                           CHK_TESTER_ERROR(ERROR_SCXI_1104_INIT)  iResult = DAQmxStartTask(Scxi1104TaskHandle_global);                                                      CHK_TESTER_ERROR(ERROR_SCXI_1104_MEASUREMENT)

// Initialisieren der PXI-6052E AnalogOutputCH0  iResult = DAQmxPxi6052E_AnalogOutputCH0(&Pxi6052ETaskHandleAnalogOutputCH0_global);                             CHK_TESTER_ERROR(ERROR_MIO_6052E_INIT)  iResult = DAQmxStartTask(Pxi6052ETaskHandleAnalogOutputCH0_global);                                             CHK_TESTER_ERROR(ERROR_MIO_6052E_CONFIGURATION)  // Initialisieren der PXI-6052E AnalogOutputCH1  iResult = DAQmxPxi6052E_AnalogOutputCH1(&Pxi6052ETaskHandleAnalogOutputCH1_global);                             CHK_TESTER_ERROR(ERROR_MIO_6052E_INIT)  iResult = DAQmxStartTask(Pxi6052ETaskHandleAnalogOutputCH1_global);                                             CHK_TESTER_ERROR(ERROR_MIO_6052E_CONFIGURATION)

// Konfigurieren der SCXI-1127 auf Independant  sprintf(sRessourceScxiSwitch, "SC%dMod%d", iAdrChassis1_global, iAdrMatrix1_global);  iResult = DAQmxSwitchSetTopologyAndReset(sRessourceScxiSwitch, DAQmx_Val_Switch_Topology_1127_Independent);   CHK_TESTER_ERROR(ERROR_SCXI_1127_INIT)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,019 Views)

I am sorry for the confusion. The attachmet SCXI4.jpg was my origional 8176 controller. Please see attached JPG which is the new controller and reconfigured rack

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,004 Views)

Hello Rich,

It looks like the code is trying to call a task that is supposed to be created as seen with the DAQmxPxi6052E_AnalogOutputCH0.h line. Since this code is older I assume this header existed on your previous setup. Make sure to create a task that the code can call into or else you would not have anything initialized. Here is a link on how to create a task in MAX:

http://www.ni.com/swf/devzone/task/

Here is a link to some documentation touching on how to create a MAX task from CVI and call it in the CVI project:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4650/en

I hope this is useful.

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,986 Views)

I have plugged in the old controller, There is no "edit" or "View" of the NI-DAQmx tasks in MAX. I could only export in the NCE format. When I tried to import the tasks into the new controller the import froze. I am not able to view or read the old tasks and I am not able to import them either. I have many CVI versions here starting with V7.? up to current. Is there an intermediate version which I could bridge into this one ?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,956 Views)