PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key board hangs up randomly with 8155B.

Key board hangs up randomly while running my application .It works fine initialy ,after some time it gets hang and after restarting the pxi it detects the keyboard finely .I am not running any special application but the one which i use regularly .The OS in PXI is Windows 98 .
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,796 Views)
Roopal,

I am assuming that your controller used to work fine and the keyboard start hanging up recently. How recent?

The PXI-8155B controller was released aproximately 4 years ago. The keyboard hanging issue could be caused by a keyboard PS-2 connector with bad contacts (if this is the case, you might need to send your controller for repair.), or that your keyboard itself has a bad cabel or PS-2 connector. Have you tried with another keyboard? Do you have another controller that you could use to run the same application? This last troubleshooting step coudl help you find out if this is a hardware issue or a software issue.

If your computer hangs only when running your application, could you give a short description of what your application does? Does it communicates with the serial ports?

Does your keyboard hang if you are not running your application? This is, does your keyboard hang if the controller is just showing the desktop and not running any application? If so, it could be that there are some corrupted files in the system. You could try reinstalling the operating system. Before doing that I recommend you to back up all the data that is in your hard-drive. You can reinstall the operating system using the operating system files that are saved in the C:\IMAGES folder in your PXI-8155B controller. You could re-install the operating system wihtout erasing any data, or you could erase all the data inyour hard-drive but the images folder, and re-install the operating system from scratch. More detail steps on how to do this are in the following KnowledgeBase:
KnowledgeBase 1KBB15G4: How Do I Restore the Operating System on a VXI or PXI Embedded Controller?

Please feel free to contact the Applications Engineering Department directly, and we will help you troubleshoot. To do this, create a service request number at http://www.ni.com/ask. There, choose "Phone NI" as the communication method.

Related Discussion Forum:
"Key board hangs up randomly with 8155B controller while running the application"

Regards,

Claudia Lorente
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
Message 2 of 2
(2,796 Views)