PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image a Windows 2003 Server on a PXI - 1042 with a 8108 controller

Hi,

I have installed Windows 2003 Server on a PXI - 1042 with a 8108 controller. When I try to take an image of this it fails and I have to remove the hard drive. Then I have to hook it up to a SATA interface and use Ghost 11.5 to image the hard drive.

Is there a easier way to do this with the Acronis software?

Thanks,

John P

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,020 Views)

Hello John,

When you fail taking an image, are you using Ghost or Acronis?

If it is Acronis you are using, are you using the version that comes on the controller, or are you using the upgraded version, Acronis True Image Home 2009? If you would like to replace the image that is present on the NI PXI controller you will need to use  Acronis® True Image Home 2009 which is available from Acronis.

Note: If you would like to create a locked factory controlled partition on your PXI controller as National Instruments provides, the Acronis® True Image Home 2009 will allow you to do this. This additional functionality would then be supported by Acronis and not National Instruments.

This version should allow you to successfully take an image of Windows 2003.

Thanks,

Ryan F.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,003 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried using Ghost 11.5 to take the image but it will not load. It seems like something is blocking Ghost???

After the install of server 2003 the initial partition with the Acronis image was destroyed.

At this moment I have no means of imaging the machine. Do you have any other suggestions?

I would not like to purchase the additional software but I will if I have to.

Thanks for the help.

John P.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,998 Views)

Hello John,

I do not know why Ghost will not load. It may not be compatible with 2003. But if you want to create another partition with the new image, I suggest you buy Acronis® True Image Home 2009.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,987 Views)