cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate with a 9401 module using 9151 expansion and 7813r PXI card

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have just started working with my 7813 R-series card.  I was able to create a simple VI in which I could send and receive digital signals.  Now I would like to do something similar using my 9151 expansion chassis and 9401 C-series module.  If possible I would like to do all of this using windows (no RT for now).  Right now I am right-clicking on "my computer" in the project tree and adding new devices to find the 7813.  From there I have a rough idea of how to build a simple VI using the NI example.  However, I do not know where to look for the expansion chassis or the C-series module.  If any one could give me some advice or point to an example, that would be great.  I have seen the examples in Example Finder for the 9401, but they seem to be using a compactDAQ system as opposed to the PXI setup. 

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,521 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACE_Lab

Hello ACE_Lab,

The steps you should take in order to configure your setup in the LabVIEW project window is as follows:

Step 1...

Step 1.png

Step 2...This step should auto-populate with the existing PXI-7813R if it is connected. If you want to setup the target without the card connected, the you can just add a new target as follows.

Step 2.png

Step 3...This is the point at which you will be adding the NI-9151 expansion chassis:

Step 3.png

Step 4...

Step 4.png

Step 5...

Step 5.png

Step 6...If you have the module connected to the chassis, you should be able to see the module in the list:

Step 6.png

Step 7...If the module is not connected, you can just select "New Target or Device" from the menu in step 6 and add a new target as follows:

Step 7.png

An example from the Example Finder called "Digital Line Input.vi" should be a good place to start. Below is a screenshot of roughly where you need to start:

PXI-7813R Example.png

Regards.

Jeff L.

Message 2 of 2
(3,501 Views)