PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for obsolete PCI-8335 (MXI-3) Card

To any that may be able to help please, we are migrating old system from WIN XP to WIN 7 OS (64bits).  

The system comes with PXI-1010 Chassis with MXI-3 and connects to a PCI8335 PCI card in PC. 

Per recommendation from NI local field engineer, we installed driver “PXI Platform services 15.1” on my PC with WIN 7 OS.

Somehow, I believe the windows does not recognize my 8335 card.

From the NI MAX software under other devices section, it shows three yellow exclamation point at

1. PCI device – PCI\VEN1093&DEV….etc
  2. PCI\VEN_1093&DEV……etc
  3. PCI Simple Communication Controller – “PCI\VEN_1093&DEV…etc.

Under Chassis, it shows one yellow exclamation

1. PXI-MXI-3 (remote controller)

We are not seeing the cards in windows “device manager” neither.

It shows ”windows does not have a driver associated with your device” 

BTW, when both PXI chassis and PC are powered, the both LEDs (PWR and LNK) on PXI chassis stays green which is the same as PCI8335 card on PC. Both RX & TX LEDs blinks at initial boot up, but did not last long.

We believe it is a driver issue, but not sure if this is a Windows 7 issue or a 64 bit causing it and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions. 

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,531 Views)

Hi Eric,

The PXI-1010 chassis has not been supported in PXI Platform Services since version 3.2.1, as detailed in the hardware support documentation. You will not be able to use the chassis with a version of PXI Platform Services past that.

3.2.1 is supported on the Windows 7 OS as per the OS compatibility documentation, however the download for that version is no longer public. In order to gain access to the download, you will need to open a service request by visiting ni.com/support.

Best,

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,465 Views)

Hello, anyone could get the drivers for MXI 3 on windows 7 (not for PXI-1010 chassis) ? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,651 Views)

not supported in windows 7.

can you share official MXI-3 software ? Thanks

无惧边界
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,437 Views)