PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an executable for a RT project

Hi all, I am not sure on how to create an executable of a real-time VI. I have read about using source distributions but I have not yet used it. Can you send me some suggestions about this?

Regards,

Claudio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,009 Views)

Hello hex_cro!

Thank you for posting your question in this forum!

Below I am sending you a link to a tutorial: "Deploying and launching a Real-Time Application." that explains everything about creating an executable targeted either to your RT controller or to your host PC. It is very clear and I am sure that it will help you! If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3233

Best regards,

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,000 Views)

Hi Antonios, I've already seen this tutorial, but it's about Labview 6.1 and earlier and I'm using Labview 2010. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Claudio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,998 Views)

🙂

Great, then you can also check the LabVIEW 2010 Real-Time Module Help which is located in the link below!

It explains step by step the things you have to do in order to complete this task.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370622H-01/lvrtconcepts/building_rtapplications/

Let me know if this helped you or not! 

I think that there will be no problem!

Cheers!

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,994 Views)

Thanks! I've already tried this and this generates a rtexe file. Is possible to launch the execution of these file from a VI placed on the host. I mean, I'd like to create a .exe file from host VI and call executable of real-time VI.

Regards,

Claudio

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,992 Views)

Yes you are able to do what you explained above by programmatically launching the executable or vi on your Real - Time Controller.

At start, you just have to create a source distribution (right click on Build Specifications--->New---> Source Distribution)--- instead of creating an application (right click ---> New ---> Real Time Application). In this way Labview creates a folder in which there are contained the main vi and all it's dependencies (subVI's, libraries).

Then, you have to transfer through File Transfer Protocol (FTP) this folder to your RT Target. 

After you made these steps, by using an Open Application Reference VI and  Open VI Reference VI on the Block Diagram, you are able to set the RT Controller Name or IP of RT target, as well as the location of the top level vi in your RT target

Finally, you can use an Invoke Node or a Call By Reference Node to run the remote VI.

You can find very little detail and images of the description above in the link below:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A7DBA869C000B5AE862570B2007C4170?OpenDocument

You can also check the example in Labview  Example Finder " Vi Server.lvproj" that basically does all the above and I am sure it will help you.

Does this work for you? Let me know!!

Best regards,

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,987 Views)

Hi Antonios,

I have already problems...can I send you real-time VI and host VI in order to check it?

Regards,

Claudio

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,952 Views)

Hello Claudio 🙂

Are there any errors obtained when you try to run the vi?

Yes of course, you can send me a copy of your host and real time vi to take a look and tell you my opinion!

Cheers!

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,950 Views)

Can you send me an e-mail address where can I send my VI?

Regards,

Claudio

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,948 Views)

You can send your vi here in public and then I will download it in order to check it!

Please tell me what kind of problems you have. This way it will be easier for me to reach a possible solution!!

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,945 Views)