PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with modules in PXI-1042 via MXI-3 interface, all I get is PXI0::MEMACC appearing in MAX. I have OEM modules in the chassis, should these be displayed?

I have a PXI-1042 with PXI-MXI-3 interface kit. In the chassis I have inserted an OEM PXI module. When I run MAX, all I see is PXI System->PXI Bus 0->PXI0::MEMACC. Is this correct? How do I see the other modules?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,067 Views)
Darren,

The only PXI modules that show up under the PXI System option in MAX are those cards that are registered with NI-PAL or NI-VISA. For 3rd party cards, it depends on how their particular driver functions. If the vendor creates their drivers based on NI-VISA, then the device will show up in MAX.

If the vendor created a Windows-specific driver, then there is no way that NI-VISA can find any information on the device, nor can it communicate with it. An example of this is a CompactPCI SCSI or Ethernet card, which is supported by a driver that is native to Windows. NI-VISA does not detect such devices.

It is important that you contact the manufacturer of your 3rd party modules and find out if they are NI-VISA complient devices.

Regards,

Andrew Mier
au
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,067 Views)