Nebraska LabVIEW User Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using the RIO Embedded CAN library?

Recently I've had the opportunity to learn a little more about CAN, RIO, and the integration of the two; this naturally led me to the RIO Embedded CAN library. Everything seems straight forward and easy to use except the CAN Write - I keep generating error -35011 at the CAN Write. Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,198 Views)

tperson,

If you're dealing with a possibly undocumented error code, you can always try doing a Ctrl+F to search your code, with that VI open, for the text "-35011".  This should at least show you where the error code is being sourced from and uncover what condition causes that error.

Dustin D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,655 Views)

Dustin,

I believe that you are correct, but this only works when the (sub)VI's are unlocked; right? If I had the super-secret password I'd be able to determine where this orginates....wanna share it with us?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,655 Views)

I took a look inside the VI and unfortunately the error code is returned from a call library function node.  There isn't anything in the G code that can help us out here. The CAN team will have to help out here.  I took a quick look and it looks like you already started a service request for this issue.  That will be your best bet in figuring out what conditions cause that error.

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,655 Views)