From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1939 Add-on Feedback

Welcome to the J1939 Add-on feedback forum. Please use this forum to provide feedback or ask questions.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 175
(36,257 Views)

Is this compatible with Veristand 2012? I converted all the VI's over to Labview 2012 but still cannot get it to work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 175
(9,459 Views)

Hey,

As of right now, I have not tried to upgrade to 2012. I will be trying in the next couple of weeks. Is there something specific that is failing?

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 175
(9,459 Views)

After I add the custom device, I get the following error:

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS X, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.
=========================
NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

VI Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\VeriStand 2012\vi.lib\NI VeriStand\Custom Device Offline API\NI VeriStand - Get Item Data.vi

Built Application or Shared Library (DLL): Make sure all dynamically loaded VIs were properly included in the build specification for the application or shared library.

LabVIEW Real-Time: VIs built into executables cannot be accessed through VI Server calls. Use Source Distributions to dynamically call VIs on Real-Time targets.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 175
(9,459 Views)

Hey,

You may have been trying to update the built code (which won't work) as opposed to rebuilding the built code from the source code.  Either way, I updated the built code to 2012 (J1939 Addon 1.1.0_Built_VS2012.zip).  I tested it on my system and didn't have any issues.  Let me know if you run into anything.

Thanks!

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 175
(9,459 Views)

It works! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 175
(9,459 Views)

I didn't found the readfile.txt of J1939 Addon 1.1.0_Source.zip,so i don't konw how to installation it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 175
(9,459 Views)

If you want to use the add-on in VeriStand, you need the built version (J1939 Addon 1.1.0_Built_VS2012.zip or J1939 Addon 1.1.0_Built_VS2011.zip).  I updated the web document to make that more clear.  I checked and both of those .zip files have the readme.txt.

Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 175
(9,459 Views)

Thank you.I have found the readfile.txt.I also have one more question about database.need I whrite the j1939 in the database?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 175
(9,459 Views)

You cannot edit a J1939 database with this add-on. What's the meaning of it?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 175
(9,459 Views)