NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at 'Set Channel Value' VeriStand custom step

Hi,

I recently updated my applications to NI LabVIEW2015, VeriStand2015, TestStand2014SP1, and installed the corresponding NI VeriStand Add-on 2014 SP1 32b VS 2015.msi from community.

However, I encountered an error message when I was executing the 'Set Channel Value' VeriStand step in TestStand. Please see the attached snapshot for details. The error message indicates that the prototype needs to be updated to execute the VI. I know how to update prototype for VIs which are called directly by using LabVIEW steps in TestStand. However, for those VeriStand custom steps, there is no tab of Module under Step Settings pane since those VIs referenced by custom steps are packed in a library and the source code can't be accessed. I have no idea why this happened considering the fact that the Add-on I installed should be compatible with the correct software version.

Another setup at our company has exactly the same Software versions and the Add-on installed and we don't see this problem there. Also, previously I was using NI LabVIEW2014, VeriStand2014, TestStand2014 and everything was working fine with the TS 2014 VS 2014.msi Add-on.

Best Regards,

Chuan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,818 Views)

chauan1119,

Thank you for the message.  We just found out about these errors from another source a couple of days ago.  It looks like there were problems with pulling some changes into the code.  We are reasonably confident what the cause of the problems is, and are working on it.  We hope to have a fix soon.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,900 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your quick response. So do I have to wait for another version of Add-on to install? Could you estimate how long will it take? I can’t run any of my created scripts without this fixed.

Best Regards,

Chuan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,900 Views)

Hi Chuan,

We just published another copy of the installer to the community download page.

We believe this should resolve the issue you described in your original post. Please let us know if you still run into this problem with the updated installer.

Thanks!

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,900 Views)

Hi Andy,

I didn’t see that problem anymore with the updated installer. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Chuan

Message 5 of 5
(3,900 Views)