From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

Welcome to theCustom VeriStand Steps for TestStand  feedback forum. Please use this forum to provide feedback or ask questions.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 202
(41,725 Views)

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for putting this together. I'm working through getting everything installed and I've run into an issue. When I load the NI.Veristand.VeristandSteps.dll assembly I'm getting an error which says 'Could not load the file: .... this assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded'.

I have TestStand 2010 SP1 and VeriStand 2011. I ran the VeriStandStepsInstaller.msi and I'm confident the .dll is in the correct location. Do you have any thoughts on what the issue is? Could there be some update to TestStand SP1 that I'm missing?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 202
(9,114 Views)

Hey Brzeski,

I would bet what is actually referencing is the .NET Run-time. The steps are built with the 4.0 run-time (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718). I will need to add that to the dependencies listed with the installer.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 202
(9,114 Views)

Kevin,

Is NIVS 2011 SP1 required?

Thanks,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 202
(9,114 Views)

Hey Stephen,

NIVS 2011 SP1 is required - there are different versions of the .NET APIs for VeriStand and which version of the assembly to use has to be hard coded into the steps - a user with just 2011 can make a couple of changes and everything will work - I can outline these in a separate document.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 202
(9,114 Views)

Hi Kevin,

I don't have VS'11 SP1. I should be able to upgrade but in the short term I'd like to give the changes you suggested a try.

Thanks.

(I also had .NET 4.0 but I repaired the installation just in case, though it looks like the VS'11 SP1 is the real issue)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 202
(9,114 Views)

Hey Brzeski,

Ill put together a VeriStand 2011 compatable version and post that (hopefully tomorrow).

Kevin Fort
NI
Message 7 of 202
(9,114 Views)

Kevin,

I was able to grab the SP1 update, but am still running into the issue above with 'runtime newer ... cannot be loaded'. Do I need to re-install anything related to VeriStand?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 202
(9,114 Views)

Hey Brzeski,

I don't think its anything with VeriStand.

I think what you will need to do is to tell TestStand to load the .NET 4.0 CLR.:

To call assemblies from TestStand that require a later version of the

.NET CLR, such as .NET CLR 4.0 for the .NET Framework 4.0, and force

a TestStand application to use the later version, create a configuration file

in the same directory as the application executable. For example, to force

the sequence editor to load .NET CLR 4.0, create a file called

seqedit.exe.config with the following content in the

<TestStand>\Bin directory:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

<runtime>

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">

</assemblyBinding>

</runtime>

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" />

</startup>

</configuration>

I didn't have to do this with my testing on TestStand 2010 SP1 but everything I read in the user manual leads me to believe I should have had to.

Let me know if this helps.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 202
(9,114 Views)

Kevin,

That appears to have worked. TestStand recognizes the VeriStandSteps.dll library.

Do you also happen to have any examples worked out that deploy any kind of RT-Sequence? I'm learning TestStand in a trial-by-fire here and I'd appreciate having something to work from.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 202
(9,114 Views)