cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using property loader for sub-sequence parameter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I have a subsequence within Main sequence.  The subsequence is in the same file and has one parameter (a string, empty by defualt).  I cannot seem to figure out how to use property loader to populate this parameter - even if I make the parameter an array of DatabasePropertyMapping.  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,868 Views)

There are several ways to do this, but let's assume that your property loader step is in Setup in MainSequence and MainSequence has a local named "StringParameter".  When you call the subsequence, Locals.StringParameter should be the parameter for the subsequence.  Then, in your property  loader file, part of it will look like this:

<Locals>                Variable Value
StringParameter   "Test String"

I would also suggest looking at the examples in \Examples\PropertyLoader\LoadingLimits\ in your TestStand folder.

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,850 Views)

jb,

Why are yo populating a parameter.  That makes no sense.  It will get overridden at run time by the caller.  You should be populating the variable that is being passed into the subsequence from the caller.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,841 Views)

Ok.  I can poplulate a variable from Property Loader, then use that for my subsequence parameter.  Now I need to change this variable based on Step.Name (for about 100 step names).  How can I set up the schema so that this local varibable is triggered off of my StepName column.  I look at the example database shipped with the examples. I want to put different values into MODEL variable (about 100 different strings based on Step.Name).  Not sure how I could do that with the schema below.. 

SQLdemo5.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,818 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jb7060405889

Your question doesn't really make sense to me.  The property loader is really designed for initializing variables at the beginning of a sequence.    

If you want to change the value of your local variable after any step, just add the appropriate expression to the Step's Post Expression.  

I wonder if maybe what you want to do is use the SequenceFilePostStep Callback.  If you use a FileGlobal instead of a Local, that callback can do whatever it is you need to do to that variable after every single step.

Pulido Technologies LLC

Message 5 of 6
(3,813 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jb7060405889

Ok.  I think I was trying to do something Property Loader was not designed for...  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,805 Views)