NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the test stand deployment tool is not installing a file clearly listed as a file to be deployed

I am using Labview 2015 SP1 32 Bit and TestStand 2014 SP1 f1 and the Deplyment tool that comes with TestStand.

My tsd lists a file called "Query Program Version.lvproj" as a file I want to deploy but it is not getting included.   I have tried using the "Force File to install" option and it doesn't help

as another test I tired adding  "Query Program Version.aliases" to the files to be deployed and that one gets installed.

as far as I can tell there are no errors.  but  this file is not listed anywhere in the log.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,510 Views)

Hi Paul,

Looking at the TSD file you provided, I don't see anything unusual that would cause this behavior.  The only thing I noticed was that you added a shortcut for the file, which should not be an issue.  Does the issue remain if you remove the shortcut?  Can you reproduce this behavior in a simple case where you are deploying only the project and the contained VI?  If so, please send this simple deployment so I can try to reproduce the issue here. Also, to eliminate the installer creation process as the cause, does the file appear in the deployment image directory (the image directory is specified in the Location of Deployable Image field in the System source tab)?

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,409 Views)

Hi Al,

Im not sure what the issue was but restoring an older version of the TSD file fixed the problem.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,399 Views)

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear you fixed it.  Would you mind sending the working TSD so I can compare it against the broken one to see what might be causing the issue?

Thanks!

Al B.
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,395 Views)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the files.  I haven't been able to reproduce the issue here, but the only difference I can see relating to the missing project is that you have added a shortcut for it in the failing deployment (using the shortcuts button in the distributed files tab). I am curious if adding a shortcut for the project to the working file will cause it to not be included.  If you get a chance to test it out, let me know.

Thanks! 

Al B.
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,389 Views)