NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make Guest Login the Default

Instead of Administrator being default Login, I want to use make Guest the default login. Is there a property or menu selection to do this in TestStand 2016 or later?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,752 Views)

I'm not sure what you mean by default login.  Are you saying that you want it to be first in the dropdown, or rather the selected option in the dropdown?

TestStand saves the last user in StationGlobals.TS.LastUserName.  I've noticed that the value in there will always show up highlighted in the next time you log in.  So if you've logged in as the administrator then the next person to go log in will see that as the highlighted value.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,729 Views)

To build on this a little bit, you might be able to change the FrontEndCallbacks.seq.  If someone closes TestStand or logs out, that callback is always run and you could change StationGlobals.TS.LastUserName to be your desired user.

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052W-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/callbacks_frontend/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,715 Views)

OK, Front-End Callbacks are one way I assume to make this happen. 

I was wondering why Alt View "User Manager" (Ctrl+U) is grayed out. It appears it can be done this way also. It persist even though I login with Administrator (no password).

OK I discovered it grayed (disabled) out for the company PC, the stand-alone its not grayed out.

I don't see Guest in the User Manager List though... there are other names defaulted.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,689 Views)