cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate from Labview control an expression string

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys,
Is there a way for a Labview Control to automatically create an expression string for using in Teststand?
Examples:
Int -> 5
dbl -> 5.12345
String -> "string"
Array of Int {1,4,6,9}
Array of dbl {1.234, 2.345, 3.456}
Array of String {"String1", "String2", ...}
and a few more...

Thanks a lot ....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,971 Views)

What is the purpose of this question? Do you want to create a LV based application which automatizes a TS GUI?

There are possible ways, but most of them are clunky and i strongly recommend to avoid them.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,968 Views)

We offer many Step types of tests for test systems. However, we would like to use the standard data interface for Labview-Vis.
For example, to configure a DMM, we create an Edit Step, and the parameters set by the operator are then stored here.
Step.TS.SData.ViCall.Parms ["Range"]. ArgVal
Step.TS.SData.ViCall.Parms ["Auto Zero"]. ArgVal
At these points, however, only one ExpressionString can be entered. If there is nothing available, I will create something myself for my used data types.
Or are there other ways to fill this VI interface?
I hope I can express myself understandably ....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author T.

In my custom step types, it is sometimes necessary to use elements in clusters or arrays. This is unfortunately not possible with ExpressionEdits or other teststand elements. Another point is that I often customize Boolean elements and that is also not possible with the teststands.

thank you for your efforts. I will create a little Vi, which generates the expression string from my used data types (including arrays of these).

Thanks a lot.....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,917 Views)