From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

execute particular sequence from sequence file

How to execute particular sequence from sequuence file in teststand user interface.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,121 Views)

Select the sequence you want to run and click the Run <sequence> button.  See attached image.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,119 Views)

Hi Jigg,

Thanks, which example is this? can you pls send me the block diagram. I need to know the teststand API to invoke particular sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,082 Views)

That example is actually from the full-featured UI that ships with TestStand.  It would be easy to add it to the simple UI though. Basically you connect a button to the SequenceFileView Manager using an invoke node.  Use the run current sequence command kind.

Attached is an example.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,073 Views)

Hi Jigg,

That's good solution.

My requirement quite different. I have a menu options, when I click on any submenu I should invoke particular sequence/steps. I have to handle this in event structure . I have written the code but it is not working , PFA for snap shot.

Any issue with below code? Basically I need to call sequence from menu, Not through button control. Please check the snapshot.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,069 Views)

Do you want them to run the currently selected sequence or open any sequence from any file?

Just attach your SequenceView Manager to an invoke node and call the run method:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052R-01/tsuiref/reftopics/sequencefileviewmgr_run_m/

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,067 Views)

Hi Jigg,

I need to call a sequence from a sequence file(This sequence file does not have main sequence-- created sequence file and deleted main).

User have options in menu like  --

Logs

--   test log

--  result log

When user click the test logs , it has to invoke a sequence in sequence file. the sequence will be calling the VI to show the test log .

I tried using Tools menu of teststand , it has an option to add submenu to call sequence , but when we  run the user interface , I am seeing the default Tools options , which I don't want to show it to user and I couldn't get how to hide the default tools menu options. That's the reason the I took the approach of the snapshot I shared.

By the way, in the Run method of the sequence file view manager , how to pass sequence file name and sequence name of the sequence I want to run. what value I need to pass editargsvalue.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,064 Views)

If your sequence is just calling a VI then why not just call that VI directly from your event structure?

The best way to do this is from the tools menu.  In 2014 the tools menu is stored in ToolMenu.ini.  You can just remove all the entries from it and add yours.  Then deploy that with your deployment.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,048 Views)

Hi Jigg,

I did calling VI directly from event structure. I have code with me for that.

As you said the best method is to call from tool menu. But if I change Toolmenu.ini, then Teststand sequence editor will not show the default options. So what I am trying is the default and customized tools Menu options should be seen in the Teststand sequence editor and in Teststand full feature user interface I should see only  customized tools options.

Any way to do it programmatically.

Regards,

Anand

I

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,043 Views)

Hi Jigg,

I tried the way you told. Deleted all the Default tools menu and retained customized steps and ran Teststand user interface.But seeing the display has "The expression cannot be empty" in Tools Menu. Pls see the attached doc.

Any solution for this.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,028 Views)