NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access TestStand sequence file globals from CVI

I need to access the sequence file data, for example,one self defined Sequence File Global varibale, in order to select which sequence to run. That is when I enter a serial number with 2-digit id code, a process that can select one sequence from a list of sequence file from a folder. I want to access the sequence file data before the execution to find a match id code in the sequence file global field. Then display the sequence steps in the Operator interface. I am going to write a CVI module to do that but I couldn't figure out how to access the sequence data which is not executing.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,926 Views)
Hey hp7550!

I answered a similar question for someone over the phone but if that wasn't you here are my suggestions:

You can access the sequence file globals by loading the sequence file. So, if you have a reference to the TestStand engine use the GetSequenceFileEx method to obtain a reference to the sequence file. Once you have a reference to the sequence file you can use the FileGlobalsDefaultValues property to obtain the default values of the sequence file globals.

Another suggestion would be to store the sequence file paths and serial numbers in an intialization file. This would prevent you from have to load and unload every sequence file to determine which one to execute.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Sarah Miracle
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,926 Views)
That's me. This solution works for me.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,926 Views)