cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML reports in Windows 10.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

We have trouble viewing TestStand XML reports on Windows 10 machines. We are using ATML 6.01 report format and "tr6_expand.xsl" style sheet. The reports are shown on Windows 7 machines with no problem.  We have already tried using Office XML Handler, Microsoft Edge and lately Opera and Firefox browsers to no success (see attached captures with the errors). Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,Enrique

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,946 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mboobaa

TestStand XML reports are currently only supported in Internet Explorer, which should still be available on Windows 10.

One trick I've used to get around this is using the MSXSL Command Line Transformation Utility to transform the XML to HTML, which works in Chrome & Firefox. Command to run the utility looks something like this:

msxsl <report path> <stylesheet path> -o <html report path>

Since it's a command line utility, it's not hard to modify one of the reporting plugins to automatically run this command and generate both XML and HTML reports. On a similar note, you could also enable both the HTML and XML reporting plugins to generate both reports, but this uses more resources on your PC.

Limited browser support for the default stylesheets is something that the TestStand team is aware of and is keeping in mind for future developments.

Hope this helps!

Trent

National Instruments

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
Message 2 of 8
(4,927 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mboobaa

Hi Trent,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! We just implemented your solution and it works awesome. I appreciate your kind, valuable support!

Best regards,

Enrique

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,923 Views)

Dear NI,

I am reviewing this item as I am having the same problem.

The download link is no longer valid.

- Could you maybe provide me with an updated link?

THX,

Regards

Bob Heerkens

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,134 Views)

ATML reports can be viewed in EXCEL, I have tried this in Excel 2003.

Excel 2016 pops up an error message that script code in XML is not allowed within current security settings.

I'll try to find a solution for that too.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,892 Views)

Hi,

Are you unable to use Internet Explorer to open the reports or are you getting errors with Internet Explorer?

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,884 Views)

Due to system security settings, we are not allowed to run Internet Explorer.

That's why I was looking for an alternative.

It seems that Excel could be that, the old version (2003) works, with the new version I get security issues as wel, but that may be due to our IT department.

Microsoft describes to keep Internet Explorer "supported" as an IE mode in Edge

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/internet-explorer-microsoft-edge

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,874 Views)

Hi, 

Please refer to the following public KB to address the question on IE Retirement and to make the TS Report Viewer Utility available for download.

Hope this helps. 

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000oxoICAQ&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,889 Views)