NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching a Pin

Hello,

I am trying to design an interlock system in Teststand which will watch a pin on my motor controller and (in theory) pull the program out of wherever it is and force it into a different loop if that pin goes low. I am already calling the VI which watches the pin asynchronously, which seems to be working okay, but now the issue is that the watch VI does not seem to be passing data back to the rest of the sequence correctly. Also, I need to somehow make the VI leave whichever step it is in immediately and go to the other loop, which I have not been able to figure out. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(713 Views)

You can check this lib

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/TestStand-Status-Monitor-using-Synchronization-Objects-LabVIEW...

You could use it to synch your vi with TS execution using TS notification or queues.

In your sequence you would need to figure out appropriate flow control logic. I think the easiest solution would be with "go to" steps (it's not the best style, though IMO).

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(674 Views)