From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-defined error code.[error code:-2147319779]

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance!

Come out a error dialog when I simple click main sequence .

The content of dialog is that User-defined error code.[error code:-2147319779] .

I use two test stations ,and one come out this error ,another one is ok .(with the same test program).

I used TestStand 4.2 and LabView8.6 to run test program.

And I have seted user.ini

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(9,365 Views)

That error code is COM/ActiveX for "Library not registered". Assuming that by "click main sequence" you mean run your main sequence, then some step or code module is probably calling an ActiveX server that has not been installed. If you can step through your sequence and find out more specifically where the error occurs, it might help you determine what is missing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(9,361 Views)

We've run into this error occassionally in the past when opening a sequnence file in the OI and now with attempting to deploy the 2010 engine it has become obnoxious. So here's a quick rundown:

Old builds: TS 4.1.1 and LV 8.6.1 to WinXP

New builds: TS 2010 and LV 2010 to WinXP

We would see this error occassionally when first installing the 4.1.1 engine but if we did a two reboots (as we had the installer prompt for reboot) and then opened the OI we avoided getting this error.

Now we are building some beta deployments using 2010 and we started seeing this error again. However, it does NOT appear if we deploy the sequence editor as part of the build.

Also, running the Version Selector does not make the error go away.

Any thoughts how to troubleshoot this further?

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,862 Views)

I made a new buid that contained every engine option selected except for the TestStand Sequence Editor and that appeared to solve the issue. I suspect it may have been to not selecting the IVI Step Types (even though I'm not using an IVI steps) but that's just a shot in the dark.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(8,853 Views)

We have just started seeing this error on 32-bit Windows 7 machines. We have never seen it before on a Windows XP.

The installations are TestStand 4.1.0 with all options on default (we always install the SequenceEditor so that we are able to work temporarily on the machines with a license file we generate for the machine).

The error appears when opening a sequence file in the OI (we are using the default C++ OI supplied with TestStand), however, the sequence can be run. It does not appear when opening the sequence with the Sequence Editor.

Any ideas what could remedy this behavior?

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(8,659 Views)

You are definitely rebooting after installing correct? Also, I'd recommend running windows update (if you have it enabled) and rebooting before trying to run any installers since sometimes an update from Windows update installing the background while another installer is running can lead to issues.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(8,655 Views)

Hi,

This behavior may be caused by a known compatibility issue with the .NET 4.0 client profile and TestStand 4.2.1 and earlier versions.  Another symptom you may see with this issue is an error when switching TestStand versions. 

To fix the issue, enter the following into the command prompt:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe /tlb "<TestStand>\Bin\TSDotNetUIControls.dll"

This will manually register the TSDotNetUIControls.dll type library using the .NET Framework 2.0 RegAsm.exe.  This solution is documented in detail here:

KB 5DMFEE2F: Why do I receive a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error when Interacting with a TestStand...

Please let me know if this fixes the issue so that we can update the article to address the error message you are seeing.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,651 Views)

This looks like a possible solution, however, there is not a TSDotNetUIControls.dll in the Bin folder for TestStand2010 SP1. The only DotNet files areTSDotNetSupport.dll and TSDotNetSupport.tlb

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,576 Views)

Wrong thread...

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,574 Views)

For TestStand 4.1, the TSDotNetUIControls.dll is there and registering it solved the sequence loading problem of the Operator Interface under Windows 7 for us.

Thanks.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,569 Views)