NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive LabView GUI during executions

Hi.

Thats fine.

Just call me at National Instruments 01635 523545 and quote this service request number 698698. You'll get put through to me, and then you can tell me your email address/chat about your issue and then I can send you a blank you in which you can send your code.

I look forward from hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,217 Views)

Hi All.

This issue is being resolved with customer through NI Tech Support UK.

I will post the resolved notes on the forum once the issue has been fully resolved.

Regards,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,201 Views)

Hi all.

This issue has been made into a CAR.

There seems to be a bug with the way the TestStand and LabVIEW engines handle the change value user event, which causes the code never to run.

The work around is to user the filter event, and discard it and the end. So the code will run, but the handle of the event never takes place - same operation but coded differently.

But if you are seeing a similar issue please contact NI Tech Support.

Regards,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,165 Views)

Hello there,

I was browsing the NI Forums for some ideas on why my LabVIEW 8.5 (exe) application's user-interface inexplicably locks-up and came across this thread.  The mention of the CAR is interesting and I'd like to know more about it.  Any idea what CAR # I can use to track this bug fix?

Also, regarding the work around, I'm not quite sure what to make of "The work around is to user the filter event, and discard it and the end. So the code will run, but the handle of the event never takes place - same operation but coded differently."  Which filter event(s) are we talking about specifically?  I too am currently using the "Value Change" event to detect UI activity.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!

-J.C..

-----
Juan Carlos Flores
ArchonWest Technologies, Inc.
http://www.archonwest.com
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(907 Views)