From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand-teststep description show wrong value after active-X update from labview

Hello,
i´m using TS 3.5 and LV 8.2.1
I have a simple numeric-teststep with labview-adapter.

In the teststep-filetype i added a container called "data" which contains one numeric-value called: "num"

The labview-vi that i call changes via active-x the value of this parameter "Step.data.num".

When i open the tree-view on the left side then i see, that this worked, because the value has changed.

Now the problem:
In sequence-filetypes i opened properties of my teststep and in the tab "Default Expression" i changed the "Status Expression".
Normally it shows only the step-name, but i added to show also the value of "Step.data.num".
This was done by just adding the text: ==> +" " + "num: "+Str(Step.data.num)

But when i run the teststep and i know that the value has changed the description stays on the old value what it was before running the step.
But when i open the tree-view and see that the value is really there and go back to see the description, then the description is  also correct,

So the question is: What do i have to do to update the decription that it displays the correct value at once?
Perhaps there exists a property that i can call to update the description. I have the sequence-context inside the vi.

Thanks for any hint, tip or help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,686 Views)
Hi!

Here some informations:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CF660A2A6F2AB4F586256D0B005B26FF?OpenDocument

Regards
Ken
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,653 Views)