NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand statement expression browser

Hi,

I am trying to recreate the Data Streams example that ships with the NI Teststand 2017 installation. In the example there's a statement step which uses the expression Locals.OutputFilePath to define a path for the outgoing CSV file (attached photos). But when I'm creating a new sequence file I cannot find the same expression anywhere. It throws an error saying "Unknown variable or property name 'Locals.OutputFilePath'. I'm fairly new to teststand. I've attached photos which might help you understand the problem better.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(807 Views)

You might have figured it out by now, by just in case... The variable "OutputFilePath" you are trying to access does not exist in your sequence. You need to right-click your "locals" > Insert Variable > String. Then name your variable as "OutputFilePath" to create it.

Any expressions, such as, Locals.X, Parameters.X, FileGlobals.X, StationGlobals.X, RunState.X and so on are variables you can access. For example, if you want to access the "NumericValue" variable show below, you would need to use an expression: Parameters.Test1.Test2.NumericValue.

But at this point you really need to do a course on TestStand to at least cover the basics, otherwise it can get fairly confusing.

Gubis_0-1616625871083.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(730 Views)