NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand starts new execution everytime that user press F5 key

Solved!
Go to solution

Normally if you have a breakpoint in your test seq, test execution is pause at that point and if you want to RESUME to ypur execution you can press F5 to keep test running. (Configure menu>>Resume: shortcut: F5)

But in out case test stand start a new execution everytime that user press F5, but if youser use his/her mouse and go to debug menu and press RESUME option eveything works fine.

In this test station we  modified testmodel in order to "dynamically change client file" and "InitiateTEstingwithoutActiveSequenceFileWindow" by using respective examples at teststand help files. (checked "Show Entry Point for All Windows" and "Entry point Ignores Client File" options at Single Pass execution entrypoint properties)

Is there a way to prevent test stand editor and testexec start a new execuiton?

I thought about putting a control mechanism to my process model to just letting one active execution but could not find a way to direct "F5 press event" to RESUME action of very first test execution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,873 Views)

If this is the sequence editor, you might have accidentally changed the menu settings (shortcuts and menu items are customizable). You can reset them with the View->Reset UI Configuration menu item. If that's not the cause of the issue you might not have the execution window with the breakpoint as the active window. F5 resumes only when the execution window with the breakpoint is the active window.

In the sequence editor you can customize the menus and toolbars and change shortcut keys by right-clicking on the menu bar and choosing the "Customize" context menu item.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,835 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ziyasen

I solved the problem by setting "Runstate.Sequence.RTS.EPEnabledExpr" expresion to FALSE at the begining of the my process model and TRUE at the cleanup section of the process model.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,753 Views)

I've reset the UI and made sure the execution window with the breakpoint is the active window and F5 still starts another execution.

Also if I go into to customize the keyboard to set the keyboard customization for "Go (Run, Restart, Resume)" from F5 to None.  It reverts itself back to F5.

Is there another solution besides changing adding these expressions to the process model?

I've seen the same thing on TestStand 2016 and 2019 on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,706 Views)

If you set the keyboard to None, it should not revert back to F5. When does it revert back? Immediately? Or next time you restart the app? Are you perhaps using the sequence editor UI setting to reload the layout every time it's launched to a specific layout? If so you will need to resave that layout after updating the hotkey to None.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,682 Views)

It reverts back to F5 immediately without even leaving the Customize Keyboard dialog.  For example, I can do the following

1.  select "Go (Run, Restart, Resume)" in the Commands: pane

2.  hit the Remove button

3.  observe the shortcut is set to None

4.  select another command in the Commands: pane

5.  then go back to the Go command and observe that it has reverted back to F5

I've tried the same steps to remove the Rename shortcut from the F2 key and it allows me to set the shortcut to None.

I don't think the sequence editor UI is set to reload the layout every time, because there are other customizations  I've done that persist across opening and closing the sequence editor (i.e. adding the Run sequence button to the toolbar).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,673 Views)

I'm able to reproduce the problem you are seeing, and have filed a bug report.

Message 7 of 10
(2,660 Views)

I figured out a workaround. The Go command seems to get whatever shortcut the "First Execution Entry Point" command above it gets. If you clear or change that one, it will effect the Go command as well.

Message 8 of 10
(2,657 Views)

Thanks.  Setting the "First Execution Entry Point" shortcut to None worked for me.  Of course this means I'll have to start executions with either the menu or the toolbar, but that's fine with me.  I usually only use the Function keys while debugging a sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,639 Views)

FYI...This behavior is still present in TestStand 2019 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,376 Views)