NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand simple userinterface customization for username,loginlogout and timer.

Hi,

i am using teststand 2016 , Labview 2017 and teststand simple user interface for the operator interface.

I need to implement as below . pls guide me on this.

1. I am using third party application for authentication, after authentication , i will save user name in station Global.How to show this user name in simple user interface. is it possible to connect station global with Teststand label.

2. The login/logout button of the simple user interface calls the loginlogout sequence of frontendcallback.seq . Is there anyway i can connect login/logout button to my own sequence.

3. Need to implement timer for simple user interface(should show current time or test application start time with date), when i logged in timer should start and stops when application stops.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,465 Views)

When you replace the frontend login\logout procedure, you should pass the login name as you see in the current implementation. If you do so, the information is already on the right location.

For information on how to display it in the UI, refer to the full feature UI example. Take a look into the status bar configuration. Transfer this to your simple UI.

Replacement of the frontend callback can be done pretty easily by placing a frontendcallback.seq in the TS public folders. The search paths you configured on your machine define which callback sequence file is actually loaded. By default, the one in the TS public folder is loaded and the TS internal only if none is available in public.

You should use UImsg callbacks to start and stop the timer. Hint: User changes already fire UImsgs.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,393 Views)