NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Remote EXE Server Require Licensing?

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to possibly embed TestStand Remote EXE Server on the operating system for our systems for purposes of remote control and testing during manufacturing processes and field service.

Is there licensing requirements required for each installation of the TestStand Remote EXE Server?  Again, I would like to install this on each system we produce.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,005 Views)

In short, you will need a license for each computer with TestStand Remote Execution.

Take a look at this KnowledgeBase for more information on licensing for Remote Execution.

Licensing for Remote Execution of TestStand Sequences

Regards,

Steven Zittrower

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,987 Views)

The remote computer (system) is set up as a mapped drive to the test bed computer (where test stand is installed and licensed).  The Remote EXE server file is located on the remote computer.

I will run the test stand sequence on the test bed computer.  This sequence performs file operation VI's (located on test bed computer) to move files and data between the two computers via the mapped drive.  Is this interpreted as the sequence running on the remote computer?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,983 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jsaint

I believe Steven misunderstood your question, as you were referring to the Remote EXE Server and not executing a Sequence on the Remote system.  You are free to install the Remote EXE Server on any computer you wish without obtaining an additional license.  The Remote EXE Server will allow you to call any executable (or open any file as specified by your operating system as of TestStand 4.2) on that machine.  You will need to have TestStand and a valid license on the machine that initiates the Remote call, but you are free to copy the Remote EXE Server to as many remote machines as you need under your current license.

Allen P.

NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,968 Views)