NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Error -17300 while deleting a step

Hi All,

I have created a custom step which gives a LabVIEW pop up on dropping it in the sequence editor. The pop up has an OK and Cancel button. If I hit OK, the step is placed in the sequence and if I hit Cancel, the step is deleted from the sequence. I am doing this by passing the sequence context into the popup vi and then using the sequence method Delete Step. 

Now when i do this practically, the step is getting deleted but after that I'm getting an error from TestStand with Error code -17300. Source: 'TSAPI' "Value invalid or out of range".

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this error. I am using TestStand 2010 and LabVIEW 2010

Thanks and regards,
Nitz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,502 Views)

This is likely not an anticipated or supported use case. What is likely happening is that TestStand is trying to select the newly inserted step after your substep is done running, but since you deleted it, it does not exist so it gets an "out of range index" error.

I can't think of a good way to fix this short of writing your own code to do the step insertion. The easiest solution probably is to not do the delete when cancel is pressed, but instead to put the step in a state such that it will always generate a runtime error if used without being specified appropriately.

I have recorded this issue as a change request in our tracking database.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,476 Views)

Doug,

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll try to find some alternatives as you mentioned rather than deleting the step. Looking forward to the changes you are going to make.

Warm regards,
NitzZ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,470 Views)

Just want to clarify that adding an issue to our tracking database does not guarantee when or if it will be addressed.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,463 Views)

Doug,

I totally understand that. 🙂 I am even glad that this has been cosidered to be added to your tracking database... Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

Warm regards,
NitzZ 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,458 Views)