NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Database Viewer View Data Error

Hello Experts,

I have configured my Database on SQL Server in TestStand. I am able to read and extract data from this database in LabVIEW but having some troubles doing the same in TestStand Database Viewer as I am getting this famous error "Datasource not found and no standard driver specified". I am not able to understand what is happening here, as the Database Viewer displays all the Database information correctly like all my Tables and Views but throws this error when i try to view/edit/create any table.

Note: Database Viewer/ LabVIEW/ TestSTand installed are 32-bit versions running on 64-bit OS.

Data Source is configured in the ODBC from this path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Please let me know if anyone has any idea about this also if you need any further info/scrreenshots.

Thanks

Rahul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,042 Views)

Hi Rahul,

have you also tested the TestStand Viewer 64-bit if you are using the 32-bit version so far (or vice versa)?

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,954 Views)

Hey Christoph,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been using the 32-bit version of the TestStand Database Viewer so far and not yet tested for the 64-bit version.

Do you think that the application version is the cause of problem here?

FYI: I have no problems with 'View Data' on the TestStand Results.mdb database shipped with NI TestStand.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,952 Views)

I'm having the same issue.  Were you able to figure out the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,798 Views)

There could be an mismatch in version 32 - 64 bits, verify if your ar running the application as Administrator, some tables could not be edited if this has a relation determined or exist some Store procedure that create a dependency.

The next article explain more about the connection

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/3352

I hope this information help in something Smiley Happy .!

Regards..!

Adolfo islas

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,618 Views)

Hi Raul22,

Can you verify that this is not the same issue as in this post. Specifically the part where you use the Data Link Properties dialog to generate a connection string when using an ODBC driver.

Regards,

Tinu

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,254 Views)