From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand 2014 Database Problem

Hi. I have no experience about logging results to database. I want to learn and do it. I want to use mssql. Could you help me about this situation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,912 Views)

Do you already have the sql server set up with the correct tables?

How far along are you?

Here are some tutorials and references:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/51953/en/

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/6484/en/

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,900 Views)
Hı. I only setup Microsoft SQL Server. İ want to write uut result, step result (numeric etc.)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,891 Views)

When you say that you set up SQL Server are you saying that you inserted the tables for TestStand?  Or that you just have it running on a server?

You can generate the sql file to insert the tables into your database.  If you go into the Database Options in your Result Processing and on the Schema tab check the SQL Server Stored Proc schema.  Then click the Build .sql File... button.  This will generate a SQL file which can be used to insert the tables with the correct properties.

At this point all you need to do is turn on Database Logging and ensure your Connection String Expression is accurate on the Logging/Data Link Options tab of the Database Options dialog. 

You should be up and logging at that point.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,872 Views)

Hi all,

I am attempting the same as the OP; I believe I have the tables set up correctly (can see all desired fields in SQL Management and Database Viewer) but when I run the sequence I always get this error:

An error occurred calling 'LogResults' in 'ITSDBLog' of 'zNI TestStand Database Logging'
An error occurred executing a statement.
Schema: Generic Recordset (NI)
Statement: UUT_RESULT.
Description: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ID', table 'TestAutomation_BBv2.dbo.UUT_RESULT'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
Number: -2147217873
NativeError: 515
SQLState: 23000
Reported by: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL ServerDescription: The statement has been terminated.
Number: -2147217873
NativeError: 3621
SQLState: 01000
Reported by: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL ServerDescription: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.
Number: -2147217887
NativeError: 0
SQLState: 01000
Reported by: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Source: TSDBLog

Any help is much appreciated

_A
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,795 Views)

Hi. I solved my problem. I choose Sql Server option in Database report settings.I think, if you change Generic Recordset option, you will solve your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,786 Views)