NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS 3.5 Launcher not appearing

In my build procedure for the (customized) TestStand 3.5 Operator Interface, I've experimented with replacing the Full OI - Launcher.vi with my own.  I had not messed with this code for quite some time, and went back to look at it again.  Now, even the Full OI - Launcher.vi won't display the TestStand Logo at launch.  It simply displays a transparant box (the size of the TestStand Logo) .  Here is the VI I'm using.  Is there any setting I'm mis-setting?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,829 Views)
Hello mrbean,

This VI seems to work alright on my machine.  Can you still see the TestStand logo on the front panel of your VI when it is not running?  If not, I would recommend locating the image on your machine and then pasting it back onto the front panel.  Does this VI throw an error, or does it simply not display the logo?
Regards,

Marty H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,791 Views)
I can still see the TestStand Logo on the front panel of the VI when it is not running.  Here's a possible clue, though.  I'm using TestStand 4.0, but I'm still working with the TestStand 3.5 version of the Launcher.  I did, however, do a mass-compile a couple of months ago (using LabVIEW 8.5). 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,780 Views)
Hello mrbean,

Did you run the TestStand Version Selector prior to running your OI to make sure you have made the right version of TestStand active?  Have you considered making your modifications to the OI included with TestStand 4.0 rather than the 3.5 OI?
Regards,

Marty H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,716 Views)
The Version Selector said 4.0.  I switched it temporarily to 3.5 and received some File I/O errors when trying to run my App.  I went back to 4.0 and didn't see the errors.  In both cases, however, I don't see the TestStand splash.  I'm not sure why the 3.5/4.0 issue is going on, but It's even more baffling to me why I can't successfully call my own (custom) VI launcher (containing my own picture).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,714 Views)
Hello mrbean,

I have been able to recreate your issue with the TestStand splash screen and LabVIEW operator interface using LabVIEW 8.5 to rebuild the project.  I am not sure yet why the splash screen is not displaying, but I did succeed in editing the splash screen using LabVIEW 7.1, 8.0.1, and 8.2.1 to display an altered splash screen.  Do you have any older versions of LabVIEW?  If so, you can modify the project in one of these versions to customize your splash screen.  I will continue to investigate why the splash screen is not displaying when altered with LabVIEW 8.5.
Regards,

Marty H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,660 Views)
I do have LV 8.21.  So I need to open the 'project' using 8.21 and do the build as normal?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,645 Views)
Yes, you can open the .lvproj file in LabVIEW 8.2.1.  Then use the build that is already set up for this project to rebuild.  You should then see your changes reflected in the executable.
Regards,

Marty H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,636 Views)

I tried opening the LV 8.5 project file using LV 8.21 and I recieved a message saying

LabVIEW: File version is later than the current LabVIEW version

I click OK, and that's it.  It doesn't ask me if I want to convert or anything else, it just won't open it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,596 Views)
Of course you get that message. The conversion to 8.2 has to be done in 8.5. Just look under the LabVIEW file menu.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,592 Views)